This will be the final result
1. First thing we want to do is create a brand new document with a size of 1000×280.
2. I went ahead and made the background color #1c1c1c.
3. Next we want to go to our tools pallet and choose our rounded rectangle tool. Set the radius to 10px and create a rectangle similar to the following (doesn’t matter what color as we will be changing it later)
4. Now we want to go ahead and add some blending options to this layer. To do so, right click the rounded rectangles layer and choose blending options and insert the following:
5. Next, we want to add our logo. So use any font of your choice and place your text on the left of the rounded rectangle. For this tutorial, i’ve used the PSDVIBE logo.
6. Now we want to create the input boxes for our login area. To do so pull out your rectangle marquee tool and make a selection similar to the following and fill it with #FFFFFF
7. Next lets go ahead and right click that layer and choose blending options and input the following onto its layer
8. You can then place some text on top of the box and it will look something like this
9. Go ahead and repeat steps 6-8 for a password box and you’ll have something that looks like this
10. A login box isn’t much use if you don’t have a login button, so lets use our rectangle marquee tool to make another selection similar to the following and fill it with #FFFFFF
11. We want to go ahead and add some blending options, so lets input the following
12. Next we want to add a little shine to our button. Make a selection similar to the following and then fill it with white on its own layer
13. Lower the opacity to 20% and add some text. You’ll have something that looks like this
14. Using the same steps for the login form, you can then make a search form. This is what I came up with:
15. The last thing we need to do is create a navigation menu for our newly created header. I placed the following layers under my rounded rectangle layer so i could have some run off. Go ahead and use your rectangle marquee tool to make a selection similar to the following and fill it with #FFFFFF
16. Next, right click that layer and input the following blending options:
17. Now just add some text using a simple typeface (helvetica for example), and use a slight drop shadow for its blending options
18. Your document should look something like this when you are finished
Remember if you have any questions or comments about this tutorial to leave your responses in the comments below and we will get back to you very quickly. Be sure to visit our contact page if you have an idea for a tutorial you’d like to see.